In real estate the kitchen is arguably the most important room within a home. In order to get top dollar from the sale of your home it is important to keep up on popular upgrades to the space. The following are just a few things that are trending in kitchen designs and upgrades for 2016:
- Kitchen islands with additional work space and seating.
- Dark cabinetry that are enhanced with other materials such as glass and metal.
- Uncommon countertop materials like exotic stones, hand poured cement or granite.
- Wine coolers that are built in.
- Stainless steel, top of the line appliances that include all the bells and whistles.
- Double ovens, convection ovens and unconventional, six burner stove tops are incredibly trend with the increased popularity in preparing culinary delights at home.
Trending Designs For Bathrooms
- Glass and stone are both popular material choices in bathroom updates in 2016. Consider a blend of natural, raw materials when upgrading bathroom spaces.
- Vessel sinks, paired with antique inspired vanities are offering a classically, modern spin on creating a retreat in your very own home.
- Chrome fixtures are being replaced for brushed nickel.
- Showers are a more popular option then bathtubs. Deck out your extended shower space with multiple faucets, dual showerheads and hand held sprayers. Upgraded fixtures and faucets are attractive to homeowners that are ready to move into a space without any DIY updates to contend with.
- Another popular feature in bathrooms to consider in upgrades is the installation of automatic lighting.
Trends in home improvements aren't anything new. It is important to follow up with trends in the housing market especially if you are a seller looking to sell your home within the next five years. You can never go wrong in home improvement with simple, classic updates enhanced with easily replaceable accessories that follow trends.